Courtown Adventure & Leisure Centre, Wexford, Ireland
Expressions of interest sought for purpose built indoor and outdoor leisure and adventure centre within an extensive 53-acre waterside site
- JLL has been appointed on the instructions of Mr Neil Hughes and Mr Conor Noone of Baker Tilly, the joint court appointed liquidators of Courtown Water World Limited (in liquidation) and Gorey Courtown Forest Park CLG (in liquidation).
- Courtown Adventure & Leisure Centre is ideally located along Ireland’s south east coast, approx. 1 hour drive south of Dublin and accessed just off the recently upgraded N11/M11 Dublin to Rosslare motorway.
- County Wexford is affectionally known as Ireland’s “sunny south east”. Wexford boasts over 200 km of coastline, countless golden sandy beaches and secluded coves, making it a leading Irish holiday destination.
- The property is situated in a prime location, just 500 metres north west of Courtown Harbour and canal, its town centre and its ever-popular blue flag beach.
- Courtown is a long-established family friendly seaside resort, with a significant concentration of holiday homes and caravan parks and boasting a wide selection of tourism amenities including restaurants, bars, golf courses, an equestrian centre and amusement parks.
- Courtown Adventure & Leisure Centre comprises one of Wexford’s most important purpose built indoor and outdoor leisure and adventure centers. The property has been upgraded and extended over the years to include a 25-meter indoor pool, separate children’s pool, spa pool, 65-meter water slide, fun pool, gym, café and beauty salon.
- Outdoor facilities include two high ropes courses, a climbing wall, dual zip wires, laser tag, archery, seal rescue Ireland and a forest walk.
- The complex includes a unique and standalone seal visitor and rehabilitation centre, operated under licence by Seal Rescue Ireland (licensee not affected).
- The opportunity includes lands totaling approx. 53 acres, which contains lands zoned “commercial leisure”, “open space and amenity” and “natural amenity” under the Courtown and Riverchapel Local Area Plan.
- All lands are freehold and the natural amenity lands, bounded to the north and northwest by the Ounavarra River and to the east by the towns canal, are known locally as Courtown Woods. These woods date back over 150 years and today they are home to numerous popular walking trails, which are open to visitors and locals alike.
- As part of the process, interested parties are invited to submit an expression of interest (“EOI”) to JLL for the transfer of ownership / management and re-opening of Courtown Adventure & Leisure Centre.
- Given the importance of this asset to the local community, due consideration will be given to an interested party’s track record, financial strength and business plan for reopening the property to include availability to the public, local community, schools and swimming groups.
Dan O’Connor, Executive Vice President, JLL Hotels & Hospitality Group commented:
“Courtown Adventure & Leisure Centre is a one of the south east’s largest leisure complexes, which up until its recent closure this year, had a significant membership and a wide customer base. This process presents a unique opportunity to reopen and further expand a dominant leisure asset, at a time when there is heightened interest in open air and outdoor hospitality globally”.
Jack Fox, Hotel Agent, JLL Hotels & Hospitality Group further commented:
“We expect the property to attract strong interest due to its unique attributes, our EOI process is open to all interested parties and we are launching our national and international marketing campaign today. Viewing is strictly by prior appointment through JLL”.
JLL (NYSE: JLL) is a leading professional services firm that specializes in real estate and investment management. JLL shapes the future of real estate for a better world by using the most advanced technology to create rewarding opportunities, amazing spaces and sustainable real estate solutions for our clients, our people and our communities. JLL is a Fortune 500 company with annual revenue of $18.0 billion in 2019, operations in over 80 countries and a global workforce of nearly 93,000 as of June 30, 2020. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit jll.com.